Just two weeks ago, we had our very first rehearsal (seen above), and in just three and a half weeks, the first performance of The Rivals will hit the Hill Stage. So since time is clearly flying, we figured it's time for a (very succinct) update in The Road Back.
First and foremost, we have an important policy change to share with you today.
- We are discontinuing the requirement of proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test to attend plays in the Touchstone. This policy change aligns with many performance venues in our region and across the country, and based on survey data, we estimate that over 95% of our audience is fully vaccinated.
- At this time, masks will continue to be required for all audience members attending plays in the Touchstone. This is for the protection of our artists, who cannot wear masks when they perform, and a positive COVID case in a cast can cause a performance (or performances) to be canceled.
- Masks will remain optional for audiences attending plays outdoors in the Hill theater.
- As the season moves along, visit americanplayers.org/covid-protocols for the most up-to date-information.
A Few More Updates
- Almost overnight, the APT property turned from brown to bright green as the leaves have started to pop. After a cold spring, it’s a refreshing sight to see, and reminds us that in just a few short weeks our audience will be here with us.
- Speaking of trees, we’ve added about 60 of them since last season. For various reasons, our arborist recommended taking down some others to optimize the health of our woods.
- Rehearsals for the first five plays are well underway and going smoothly. We’ve been hearing a lot of laughter coming from The Rivals rehearsal hall, and word is that all the plays are coming together very well. It’s less than four weeks until the first performance!
- Tonight is APT’s first company picnic in three years! The APT staff of nearly 200 will meet each other and recognize those celebrating significant anniversaries. Because of the hiatus during 2020 and 2021, we’ll be recognizing more than 50 people – for years of service ranging from 5 to 35 years.