There are may ways to lend a hand at APT, including:
- Garlic Mustard Weed Out, Saturdays April 27, May 4, May 11: Help APT get rid of this invasive species. Volunteers will receive one ticket to an APT performance on the Hill (some restrictions apply). This year's Garlic Mustard Weed Outs will run from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. For more information, and to sign up to volunteer, download the 2019 Garlic Mustard Weed Out form here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ushering: 4 to 10 ushers are needed for each APT performance, so new ushers are always welcome. In return for helping patrons before the show and at intermission, ushers may see the performance for no charge. Click here for a full description of our usher program.
- Working on the APT grounds: the main volunteer need is for the annual Garlic Mustard pull that occurs each May. Occasionally, other help is needed to maintain the APT property.
- Airport pick-ups for company members: Occasionally, the company management department has need for volunteers to pick up company members at the Dane County Airport and bring them to Spring Green, or take them from Spring Green to the Dane County Airport.
- Helping out at APT events: APT hosts several special events each year for donors and patrons, and volunteers are very helpful in set-up, running events and cleaning up afterwards.
- General office work: Occasionally, volunteers help with various tasks around the office, like processing mailings, organizing archives or doing data entry. These opportunities are sporadic and unpredictable, but we keep a volunteer list for when the need arises.
- Assisting in the scene shop or costume shop: On rare occasions, volunteers can help out in our production shops. APT also has a limited number of production internships each season: click here for more information about internships.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact: Megan Nelson,