Keep an eye on this page for updates as information evolves. In the meantime, here are the guidelines that we're asking everyone to play along with.
- Through June 30: With the exception of the actors, we will all be masked in both theaters and other indoor spaces, including the shops, restrooms and shuttle buses. However, if you need a mask break in the Hill Theatre, please take one and replace your mask when you feel able.
- Beginning July 1, masks will no longer be required in the Hill Theatre, or any other outdoor spaces at APT.
- To accommodate people who prefer a fully masked environment, we will designate select Hill performances as “masks required.” For Rough Crossing, these performances are July 9, 23 and 30. More information here.
- Food and Beverages are now allowed in the Hill Theatre. Due to mask requirements, there is no food or drink in the Touchstone Theatre.
- APT’s ticketing software will automatically distance groups from each other in the theaters. Please maintain your distance from other parties on the grounds, the paths and the lobbies.
- If you feel ill, please do not travel to APT. Contact the Box Office for your options at 608-588-2361.
Other Safety Precautions
- The theaters can only be filled to a maximum of 25% capacity (about 50 people in the Touchstone Theatre, and about 270 in the Hill Theatre) through the first two plays (The Mountaintop and An Improbable Fiction).
- For the next two plays, An Iliad and Rough Crossing, capacity will be increased to 50% based on conversations with the Iowa County Health Department and the unions we work with.
- Patrons will be expected to distance on the APT campus, and on the paths.
- Beginning with An Iliad and Rough Crossing, patrons will no longer need to reserve shuttle tickets in advance.
- All HVAC and ventilation systems have been upgraded in APT buildings.
- Common areas will be sanitized regularly.
- Events, including Play Talks, Backstage Talks, Talkbacks and Sunday Salons will all be virtual. Visit the Events page for more information.
- The Gift Shop and Concessions in the Touchstone Theatre will be closed this season.
- Lower Concessions will be open before Hill performances, and Concessions in the Hill Lobby will be open before the performance and at intermission. Please note: made-to-order sandwiches will not be available from Concessions this year.
- The Gateway Gift Shop will be open before Hill performances. The Shop in the Hill Lobby will be open before performances, and at intermission. Please distance from other shoppers.
*Last updated June 10, 2021