The Horatio Society
It is our dream that generations of audiences continue listening to timeless stories from atop our Hill. This great tradition is yours and ours to continue.
The Future asks us to preserve the wonder we have here. There are a select few who accept this challenge as their own. The Horatio Society is made up of the donors who include APT in their estate planning through planned giving and bequests. We invite you to join us in sharing the wonders of theatre with future generations.
Horatio was Hamlet’s constant friend and quiet ally. In the end, he was the one person able to carry on the story. It is a fitting name for those brave people who understand our mission and how it must thrive for years to come.
“I’ve been going to APT since 1980, and in the beginning
I wasn’t sure how long it was going to be around. At some
point in the last few years, I realized that APT was going to
outlive me. And it’s important that I leave something –
some way to remember how I belonged to APT, and how
APT belonged to me."
– APT Patron
Become a Member
Anyone who includes APT in their estate plans, no matter the amount, is eligible to become a Horatio Society member. Benefits of membership include:
- Recognition on a special page of the APT season playbill (or you may remain anonymous if you wish).
- Invitations to special events.
- The knowledge that you've made a difference to APT's long-term stability.
- Some contributions may provide substantial tax advantages for you or your heirs.
You may become a member of the Horatio Society in a number of ways:
- Include APT in your will.
- Designate APT as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy, 401k, or IRA.
- Give to APT from your retirement plan assets (e.g. IRA distribution).
- Other options, such as Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts or Gift Annuities.
Click here for more details on the methods of giving listed above.
Choose How Your Gift Will Be Used
You may also choose how we use your generous gift. Your gift can support operations or capital projects. Or your funds may be safely invested and protected as a perpetual endowment, providing a stable annual income for APT in perpetuity.
Our development staff can answer your questions or discuss how you want your gift to help APT. While not legal advice, we can guide you through the process.
Important note: Please speak with your financial advisor or attorney in making your decision to give. This information does not constitute legal or financial advice and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice.